Thursday, February 16, 2012

So I've just spent wasted about an hour of my life on the phone with Bank of America to look into refinancing our shitty home loan.

Call 1: Got through to "customer service" and eventually transferred to another department to talk to someone re: Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP). Other person picked up call and then hung up on me.

Call 2: Got through to "Customer service" and eventually transferred to another department, only to be told after explaining why I've called that since we're current on our mortgage, we've been transferred to the wrong department and I need to talk to customer service again and will have to be transferred again. Transferred and hung up on again.

Call 3: Got through to "Customer Service" and before I could be transferred again, I explained to representative that I've been hung up on twice already and transferred to two different departments...and that this is why I'm calling and if she could actually transfer me to someone who actually knows something about HARP and mortgages, that would be good. Finally got through to a loan officer only to be told we don't qualify because of PMI. There is no way around it and then was told to try a different type of loan that would still require us to come up with nearly 20K to even be considered for a refinance.

I am now even more disappointed in this country/government/bank system than ever.

I know we aren't in the worst shape, but we're still struggling. And even though we haven't missed a payment, and even though we're working our asses off to make sure we keep our end of this bargain, we're being screwed royally. The President can try to fix this mess all he wants, but until the provision excluding loans with PMI is lifted, this HARP program will continue to fail.

No comments: